Thursday 27 October 2011

Premature NaNo-ing

Yes November is nearly here again and bringing with it the wonderful NaNoWriMo. The month of the year when masochistic writers the world over pledge themselves to write a novel in one month... or at least 50,000 words of one. From the 1st to the 30th of November we'll be beavering away attempting to jot down at least 1666 words a day (or there about) in order to hit that jackpot total and be crowned a winner of the NaNoWriMo. What do we get as a prize for this epic feat? Well, a 50,000 word novel of our choosing and a bit of a pat on the back. Seriously.

We must be mad, barmy, utterly intent on the destruction of our own minds. It takes use 11 months to recover from this insanity and then when the next November comes around we jump up and down and say 'I want to go again!!'

Well, madness of madness, I'm going for NaNoWriMo+1/2 from the 16th of October to the 30th of November I'm going to write Dead Meat, all 90,000-ish words of it. This means a total of 2000 words every day for 45 non stop days. I'm currently at 21,000 words and still working, having fallen ever so slightly behind on monday and tuesday this week, so I have to step up a bit over the weekend but I can do it, I know I can. The blog and other such things may suffer slightly as a side effect, but hopefully I'll be ready and raring to go come the end of November.

Until next time (hopefully before the end of the writing effort)

No comments:

Post a Comment